Outreach Coordinator Job Description (part-time):
Reports to: Program Director of Workforce Development
- Serve as the primary contact person for participants.
- Will be responsible for identifying and managing work opportunities for participants.
- Utilize motivational interviewing techniques to engage the participants and to help them develop and persist in achieving education/career plans.
- Provide career counselling one-on-one to help prepare participants for internships and job placements.
- Assist participants with resume preparation.
- Obtain worksites for participants.
- Participate in weekly case conferences to review participant progress and troubleshoot case management concerns.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of participant’s referrals, and individual appointments, documenting work through appointment verification and regular progress notes.
- Recruit potential participants through regular community outreach.
- Maintain organized paper case files.
- Assist in facilitation of Career Exploration and other workshops for participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated successful employment readiness experience.
- Ability to lead and effectively manage teams of young adults.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Commitment to the program goals, including a strength-based approach to providing services to both adults and youth.
- Experience in providing work readiness services preferred.
- Knowledge of positive youth development principles.
30 hours a week; some evenings.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org